Advantages for senior executives of using an outplacement service
As part of a senior exit negotiation the employer may be convinced to pay for the departing executive to receive outplacement support.
We asked specialist outplacement providers, Executive Action how outplacement helped departing senior executives. Their programme is very much tailored and can include the following elements as applicable:-
- A series of meetings with a dedicated consultant
- An experienced consultant (with experience in the relevant sector) who works in partnership with the individual – it’s a collaborative approach
- The consultant facilitates the strategy and co-ordinates all other elements
- There is an initial meeting to look at career goals, marketability, network and the right type of organisation to target
- The above results in a job search strategy clearly focused on the best routes to market
- Targeted CV(s) produced by a professional business writer
- Content created for LinkedIn and other social media consistent with the agreed strategy, with technical support with postings where needed
- Psychometric and other assessments where appropriate
- Researchers who produce thorough and comprehensive research on target new employers
- Targeted, customised communications to contacts, companies and advertisers, created collaboratively with the writing team
- Guidance on how to develop networks and gather market intelligence
- Specialist introductions, exposing clients to the market through a plethora of mentors, recruiters, alumni and other contacts – sometimes resulting in shadowing opportunities
- Administrative support to manage marketing efforts
- Interview coaching for specific opportunities
- Insider information from head hunters, employers and recruiters about the hidden job market
- One-to-one coaching throughout to support the client
- Closing interview to brief/debrief and to help turn opportunities into job offers
This is a genuinely tailored service that is provided by a team of experts that are dedicated to assisting the client find the best job.
This article is for reference purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking or deciding not to take any action.