Tier 2 (General)
If you are a skilled worker and would like to come to the UK to work, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be offered a job by a UK based company that holds a sponsorship licence
- You must be issued with a certificate of sponsorship by the relevant UK company
- You must be paid the appropriate salary for your role in accordance with the code of practice issued by the Home Office
- Your UK employer must normally have carried out a resident market labour test for the role
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK
With this type of visa, you can bring your dependants provided they meet the relevant requirements.
You may be able to apply for permanent residency after 5 years if you meet the relevant requirements.
More in Business Immigration