Richard joined JD Law’s Corporate & Commercial team in 2014 and then Joelson in the JD/ Joelson merger in April 2016.
Richard provides advice on a wide range corporate and commercial transactions. His expertise includes mergers and acquisitions, company reorganisations, joint ventures, franchising and working as corporate counsel with owner-managed businesses and professional practices. He also advises on corporate finance.
Richard is experienced in working with national and international companies in most continents and with clients whose operations span a number of jurisdictions.
He is used to working on multi-jurisdictional transactions involving sensitive and complex negotiations, including acquisitions and cross-border financing.
Key transactions include
- Share and asset sales and purchases across a range of services and industries including professional practices.
- Investment agreements for fund-raising companies at different stages of growth advising their board and principal shareholders or potential investors. This includes EIS and SEIS investments.
- Complex joint venture and shareholders agreements and articles of association.
- Corporate and project finance agreements for new and extended facilities for both lenders and borrowers, including deep discount bonds, guarantees, mortgages and debentures.
- Eurobond listings on The International Stock Exchange.
- Corporate reorganisations to buy out shareholders or extracting valuable assets from a group structure.
- Share and other incentive schemes.
- LLP, partnership and limited partnership agreements.
- Co-manufacturing and transitional services agreements.
Share this profile