Regulatory Disputes and Investigations
Investigations can cause serious financial and reputational harm to a business. When representing clients under investigation, we identify regulatory issues at the earliest possible stage and seek to ensure that, where possible, regulators do not take action. When regulatory action is unavoidable, we take steps to ensure that such action is proportionate.
We are well used to representing clients under investigation and litigating regulatory disputes.
- Acting for a well-known film company in connection with a dispute with the Financial Conduct Authority regarding an alleged collective investment scheme.
- Acting for a leading provider of a pharmaceutical product in connection with disputes arising out of various worldwide distribution agreements.
- Representing a leading online operator opposite the Gambling Commission in relation to potential enforcement action.
- Acting for a home-tuition company in defence of an investigation by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy under section 447 of the Companies Act 1985.
- Acting for a sports-betting organization in a referral to the Gambling Commission regarding allegations of corruption in in-play sports-betting markets offered by a well-known online operator.
More in Litigation & Dispute Resolution