Joelson’s specialist real estate solicitors deal with all types of freehold and leasehold property transactions and advise on all legal aspects of property ownership throughout England and Wales.
We provide an integrated service by combining our skills in the disciplines of investment, development, forward-funding, financing, leasing, and asset management. Our real estate lawyers are highly regarded and trusted by our clients and have in-depth knowledge of the market. Drawing on many years experience, they will quickly identify any problems and suggest pragmatic and effective solutions so that your transaction can proceed without unnecessary delay.
We also deal with residential property transactions and provide a personal, partner-led service.
We provide you with cost-effective but expert advice in a fast, efficient and friendly manner, so that whatever you want to achieve is quickly concluded. Understanding our clients’ business requirements is important so that we can work alongside you to offer commercial acumen, sector knowledge and tailor-made advice. We develop and maintain strong relationships with our clients.
Our services include:
- Advising on terms to be included at the outset of a deal, such as exclusivity periods, non-refundable deposits, guarantees, rent deposits, rent-free periods, service charge issues, repair liabilities and break options.
- Investigating the legal title to a property to ensure that all is in order. This includes raising all relevant enquiries and legal searches and reporting comprehensively and with clarity to our clients.
- Advising on leases, so that clients are fully aware of their terms and how their obligations will affect them. Particularly for a tenant, these obligations can be onerous.
- Advising on landlord and tenant matters such as rent reviews, break clauses, landlord’s consent, lease renewals and dilapidations.
- Advising on extending leases and buying the freehold of residential property under leasehold enfranchisement legislation.
- Acting for lenders on secured loans over commercial and residential buildings and developments.
- Acting for developers and advising on site assembly and subsequent disposal or commercial exploitation of the same.
- Acting for local authorities in urban regeneration projects including site assembly, preparing development agreements and advising on the planning and compulsory purchase order process.
- Advising overseas investors on all aspects of property acquisition and investment in England and Wales.
- Advising on stamp duty land tax liabilities and, at the end of the transaction, handling all stamp duty land tax.
- Land registration and Companies House formalities and all necessary notices, to give complete peace of mind.