Large Event Licensing
The licensing of large stadia and events requires very particular skills and experience.
We have licensed large venues and events ranging from the Millennium Dome to the Isle of Wight Festival and have been independently recommended in Chambers & Partners Guide to the UK Legal Profession for our ”real talent in liaising with authorities, officials and councils”.
Our advice in relation to applications for such licences includes:
- Tactical advice on the number and nature of licences to be sought;
- Close consultation with the various statutory authorities;
- Tactful handling of the concerns of local residents and businesses likely to be affected by the event in question;
- Preparation of detailed operating schedules;
- Guidance on risk assessments in relation to such matters as crowd management and security, fire safety, prevention of noise nuisance, waste and traffic management, medical provision and all aspects of public safety;
- Careful consideration of the issue of special police services and negotiations with the Police.
The licensing of large events is a highly specialist area of work. Joelson is one of few UK law firms possessing truly specialist expertise in this niche area.
More in Licensing, Gaming & Regulatory