Temporary Workers

Temporary Workers

Currently, there are several sub-categories under the Temporary Worker category, including:

Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting – this category is for applicants with savings of at least £1,270 in the creative and sporting sector who are entering the UK for short term contracts or engagements in the UK. If successful, you can come to the UK for a maximum of up to 12 months.

Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange – if you want to come to the UK for a short time for work experience or to do training, research and have obtained sponsorship from one of the government authorised organisations, you can apply for a visa under this category. If successful, you can stay in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months, depending on the scheme you are applying for.

Youth Mobility Scheme – if you are aged 18 to 30 and you are from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, San Marino or Taiwan, and you have personal savings of not less than £2,530, you can obtain a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. This route is also available to individuals within this age group with British National (Overseas) status and British Overseas citizens.

Indian citizens in this age group will soon benefit from the Young Professionals Scheme, as agreed under the Migration and Mobility Partnership on 4 May 2021. As with other youth mobility visas, the scheme will allow professionals aged 18-30 to live and work in the UK for a period of up to two years. This visa cannot be extended but individuals may switch into the Skilled Worker route at any point, provided that they secure sponsored employment. There will be 3,000 available visas under this scheme annually.

There are also Charity Worker, International Agreement, and Religious Worker sub-categories. If you wish to know more about any of these sub-categories, please contact us.

More in Business Immigration

At Joelson, we recognise the importance of helping others and putting something back into the community. We have a history of fundraising for good causes and this year Joelson is proud to be supporting City Harvest.

City Harvest
Certified B Corporation